I should rewind to the drama that precipitated the drive to school this morning. I got the kiddos up and got them dressed- they came down the stairs like a herd of hungry buffalo and swarmed the table. Through their Cheerios and scrambled eggs- they inquired as to the whereabouts of Daddy. Uh-oh. They *were* expecting him to be there after I had assured him it was fine to go on to work. It began with a few queries and ended up with this conversation:
Morrison: "So, NO ONE is going to see us go to our first day of school?!"
Me: "Of course, sweetie, *I'll* be there."
Morrison:
Thank goodness Gigi came through and helped me see them off to school. I had the feeling of Hoke from "Driving Miss Daisy. " My retort of "I'm not just some back of the head you look at while you're getting where you've got to go," was lost on them...
I really am glad that I am such a constant that they can't conceive of me *not* being there for the first day of school. I see the blessing in that, too.
After sulking appropriately, of course.
Oh, and my sincere apologies for the blurry image, I was wearing Cecilia at the time and didn't manage to perfect the focus. Oh well, you get the idea, two super cute kiddos sitting in front of the pre-school sign. They were adorable. Trust me, I was lucky enough to be there ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment